I always love to try new recipes. Sometimes they’re good and sometimes they’re not – like the molasses and raisin bran muffin recipe I tried not too long ago. I will not be sharing that one with you! It seems that every time I try a barefoot contessa recipe I just can’t go wrong and I adore her more. I have adapted this recipe from her Family Style cookbook. I have doubled it for a large crowd and cut way back on the salt in the dressing. Feel free to add more salt in – just experiment yourself. I made this recently for my tennis team and they loved it – I hope you will, too.
Sun-dried Tomato Pasta Salad
- 1 pound fusilli pasta
- 1 1/2 pound tomatoes, medium diced
- 1 1/2 cups black olive, sliced (I use plain ones, Ina prefers kalamata)
- 2 pounds fresh mozzarella, chunked
- 12 sun-dried tomatoes, drained and chopped up
- 10 sun-dried tomatoes
- 4 T. red wine vinegar
- 12 T. olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, diced
- 2 t. capers, drained
- 1 t. kosher salt- add more if you desire
- pepper to taste
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 1 cup basil, julienned
- Cook the pasta with salt & olive oil per package directions. Drain and cool.
- Add the tomatoes, olives, mozzarella and sun-dried tomatoes to the pasta.
- Dressing: Combine dressing ingredients in a food processor and process until almost smooth.
- Add dressing to pasta and mix. Toss with parmesan and basil.
- Feeds a large group of hungry tennis ladies. Enjoy!
This stuff is the best ever! Love it!
I have made this recipe for my family on a few of our get-togethers and it is a HUGE hit. The amount I make is beyond reasonable so I can send some home with my ummarried adult sons…don’t they still need some of mama’s cookin? Thanks for sharing the recipe, Joan!
Thanks for commenting, Gale!