I love what the Koreans do with meat! Luckily, my friend, Carolyn B., makes the best beef bulgogi and she shared her secrets in the church cookbook so we can all enjoy it! FYI, prepackaged thinly sliced beef can be purchased at most Asian markets, if you are lucky enough to have one nearby. They are totally fun places to shop and I highly recommend visiting one if you have never been! Where else can one buy Catepillar Pupae?
- 2 pounds steak or chuck roast, thinly sliced
- 2 T. green onions, chopped
- 3-4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup oil (sesame preferred)
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 2 T. toasted sesame seeds
- 2 T. sugar
- dash of pepper
- 1 t. fresh ginger, minced (optional, but well worth it)
- Mix together all ingredients, except beef for marinade. I use a large zip lock bag.
- Add beef and let marinade for a couple of hours.
- Grill if you can, otherwise stir fry in a hot pan.