I will warn you in advance. You will have to cut these bars into little bitty squares. This may be difficult as they are about 2 inches thick. Do not blame me if you use your calorie allotment for the day eating these; blame Mr. D. He sandwiched two of our favorite cookies, brownies and chococolate no bake cookies, around a filling of marshmallows and butterscotch chips. It is the ultimate chocolate cookie bar. Although my child really couldn’t say a whole sentence before he was three….I’m thinking I may have a genius on my hands.
Now, Mr. D didn’t use my favorite brownie recipe, he used the recipe from the back of the hershey’s cocoa can (which I will repeat below). A perfectly acceptable shortcut would be to make the brownies from a box. He did, however, use my chocolate no bake cookie recipe. Feel free to leave out the butterscotch chips, but the marshmallows must remain.
I will pray that you have the strength not to eat the whole pan.
Mr. Ds Epic Bar Cookie
brownie recipe adapted from the hersheys.com website
- ***brownie ***
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, melted
- 2 t. vanilla extract
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 cup hersheys cocoa
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 t. baking powder
- 1/4 t. salt
- ***** ****
- 1 and 1/2 bags (12 oz. each) butterscotch chips
- 1 regular size bag mini marshmallows (enough to cover the whole pan)
- *** ***
- one recipe of chocolate no bake coookies see https://architectmom.com/2011/05/chocolate-no-bake-cookies-just-call-them-good/
- Make the brownie layer; stir together the sugar, butter and vanilla. Add the eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Add the cocoa and beat until blended. Add flour, baking powder and salt; beat well.
- Pour into a greased 15x10x2 baking pan, bake at 350 degrees for 30 to 35 minutes.
- As soon as they come out of the oven spread the marshallows over the top to completely cover and then sprinkle on the butterscotch chips.
- Make the chocolate no bake cookies per https://architectmom.com/2011/05/chocolate-no-bake-cookies-just-call-them-good/
- Immediately spread the chocolate no bake cookie batter over the marshmallow/ butterscotch chip layer.
- Cookies are done when the no bake layer has hardened.
- Good luck only eating one.
Leave a Reply