The fourth pie I made for Easter was a strawberry rhubarb pie with plain sour cream on top. It sounds kind of weird, I know, but it was a really good and refreshing pie.
Strawberry Rhubarb Pie with Plain Sour Cream on top
- 1 unbaked 9 inch pie shell
- 2 cups strawberries,. chopped up
- 2 cups rhubarb, chopped up
- 4 T. flour
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 2 T. butter
- 1-2 cups sour cream
- Mix together strawberries, rhubarb, flour and sugar.
- Place filling in unbaked pie shell. Dot the top with the butter.
- Cover the rim of the pie crust with foil so it doesn\’t overbrown.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 35-40 minutes. Chill.
- Top with a layer of sour cream.