Since, I am still loving the mangoes, the interesting greek diner banana cream pie inspired me to come up with a mango version. Like the banana cream, this pie is extremely creamy. This is not a heavy pie, but it is not light either. I like lime with mango, so I put a little lime juice in the whipped topping, but this is purely optional. This is a very interesting pie and if you like mangoes, I think you’ll like it.
Mango Cream Pie
by Architect Mom!
- 1 pre-baked pie shell (homemade crust, of course)
- 3 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 cups mango concentrate (like jumex)
- 2 envelopes unflavored gelatin
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2-4 ripe mangoes, peeled and sliced into chunks
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 lime, juiced (optional, but I love lime with mango)
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- Stir together the whipping cream and sugar. In another larger bowl, warm up 1 cup of the mango concentrate and sprinkle gelatin over it while continously whisking to dissolve it. Whisk in the rest of mango juice, heavy cream mixture and eggs.
- Spread mango on the bottom of the pie crust. Pour the cream mixture over.
- Make the topping by whipping the 2 cups of heavy cream with the lime juice and powdered sugar until stiff. Spoon over the pie.
- Refrigerate until firm, at least 4 hours.
Leave a Reply